Saturday, November 28, 2009

Technique

Last week, Emily gave me a foot massage. It was better than chocolate. Really. She ushered me into her room (She's calling it Emiliana's Spa. Tres European.) and had me lay down on her exceptionally soft and comfy bed. I got a washcloth to cover my eyes so I could be all relaxed and then the fun began. She did a fabulous job! She had a few different moves and as she transitioned into a new one that was making my whole being one with the universe she said, "This is a massage technique I learned from Sister Bell." (The girls age 8-11 in our church get together twice a month and have some fun activities. One of them was a mini class for yoga and then learning about massage. Thank you Sister Bell.) I rose from Em's bed a relaxed and happy camper. I told her all I wanted for Christmas was for her to give me some more foot massages.
Then Rich got the treatment. He fell asleep. He was happy too.

The day after our wondrous foot massages, Emily saw a commercial for a massage therapy school. It showed students giving massages. She watched transfixed for a minute and then hollered, "Sarah! Come here! I want to try a new massage technique on you!!"


Photobucket



Photobucket
I'm glad it was Sarah that got to play guinea pig.

Photobucket


Sarah's sense of self preservation kicked in and she assumed the fetal position.

Apparently, this massage technique needs some refinement.

2 comments: