Sunday, November 1, 2009

Pumpkincide

The last week of October usually finds me trying to catch up with everything that needs doing by the 31st. For example: finishing touches on costumes, putting up and out some semblance of spooky decor, carving pumpkins, etc. I just am not a big Halloween lover. (Kind of a non holiday in my book) My daughter Emily doesn't appreciate my attitude. She loves Halloween and was already discussing her plans for next year's costume and festivities as we were blowing out the candle in her jack-o-lantern. If it were up to her we'd have an authentic looking graveyard in our lawn with every spectre imaginable floating from the trees, rigged up on zip lines to fly through the yard. Alas, she got 'unenthusiastic about Halloween mom' as a parent. I will defend her right to love Halloween and will facilitate her enjoyment in every way... just don't expect to see me in costume as I hand out candy.

Photobucket
Note Emily's two handed assault.



Photobucket
Daddy stepped in when Em's arms tired out.


Photobucket
If only she could open up and express herself.


Photobucket
Sarah wearing the cute apron she just made in school.



Photobucket
Sarah's Pumpkin of Peace


Photobucket
Em's Scary Snaggletooth Pumpkin


Photobucket
I was in charge of the Jack-o-lantern display and judging at the elementary school family carnival.



Photobucket
Sarah came to help with voting for the best in show pumpkin.


Photobucket
Sarah and a friend checking out one of the winners.


The girls had a fun time at the carnival and okay, so did I.

1 comment:

  1. Cute and scary all in the same post! Love the unique pumpkin results. Look at the old tolman bookcases and that pebbly-looking counter top. Oh, the memories! Fun times!

    ReplyDelete