Saturday, June 13, 2009

Movin' on up!

Sarah is advancing to junior high in the fall. Amazing. I can vividly recall Sarah's first day of kindergarten. Parents were invited to come into the class, help the children find their seat, put away their backpack and get acclimated to their new surroundings for a few minutes. We were then asked to leave so they could start learning. I'll never forget Sarah's lower lip quivering, eyes pleading as she looked at me and whispered, "Don't go Mom". My heart. I smiled, told her I'd be back soon to pick her up and then bolted for the door as my tears flowed.

Time goes so quickly.

No tears now! Just a lovely, confident young lady.


Sarah was asked to be one of the speakers for their graduation ceremony. She did an amazing job. She wrote the speech herself and spoke as though she's been doing it for 20 years.

We're so grateful for good friends...


amazing teachers...


and completely supportive family.
Congratulations Sarah! We are proud of your accomplishments and the bright, kind, hardworking person you are. We love you!!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sarah,
    The best wish I have for you on this wonderful milestone is that some day you will attend the graduation of your grandson or granddaughter and be as proud of them as we are of you. There just are not words to express our delight at being your very proud grandparents. We are looking forward to many more button popping occassions as you continue your well chosen path.
    Love you forever, Grandma and Grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I am so proud of your speech. We loved watching it tonight on video. You are indeed a natural public speaker. Certainly just the beginning many stellar addresses!

    ReplyDelete