Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Emily's Travel Agency

I'm beginning to see a pattern in our days this summer. We get up early, head off to swim team practice and then come back home for a more substantial breakfast and some quiet time. This hasn't been scheduled, it's just happening. The girls swim hard and need a rest afterwards. If they're well stocked with piles of books from the library, they find a quiet spot to read and get comfy.
It was nice enough weather on Monday for Sarah to do some reading on the patio. I went out to water some plants and on my way up the back porch I saw a paper taped to the railing. Sarah & I had a closer look.

"Webkinz carnival cruise CHEAP!!!!!!"
Sarah and I looked at each other, smiled and followed the arrow.

"Office buy tickets here"


This was the efficient travel agent who helped Sarah purchase her tickets and plan her cruise vacation. I heard Em say, "Do you have any special needs that we should be aware of?" and "Oh, we can take care of that... no problem!" (Please, please double click that picture so you can get a good look at Emily being the professional woman.)


This is the cruise ship and the tiny little Webkinz kitten is the captain of this mighty vessel. (It may look like the foam pads Sarah slept on at girls camp, but really, it's a ship.)


I think the green bin may be the swimming pool. Please notice that the guests are all dressed for formal night. We loved going to a delicious dinner each evening. Emily hasn't forgotten. She loved the cruise we took last fall and was so sad to get off the ship when it was over. She is a great traveler.

I love Emily's creativity... she amazes me, and I love that Sarah put down her book to go cruise with her sister. Happy summer my girls.

3 comments:

  1. Well who wouldn't want to cruise with Emily?
    You would get your money's worth with Emily in charge! You would do things you would never think of on your own and you'd love every minute of it. I believe the world will only get smaller for Emily...it is hers for the doing. Happy sailing, Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog Tiffany! Now I can be entertained by you even when I'm not working with you:) How cool is that? Emily is so clever and creative. I'll bet there is never a dull moment with her around. What a cute girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one skanky little cruise ship. I so applaud her sense of imagination. The best is Ralphie lounging out on the liddo deck....priceless.

    ReplyDelete