Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I feel pretty ...Oh so pretty...


What do you get to wear to work?

Not always... just sometimes, I get to wear the lovely ensemble seen in the photo above. It's from the PPE or Personal Protective Equipment collection. This is the very latest in H1N1 Influenza (swine flu to you) protection.

  1. Do I look like a rookie inductee to the KKK? (hope not)
  2. How about Renee Russo in the movie Outbreak? (sadly, no.)
  3. Perhaps a smurf... maybe a beekeeper smurf?
I spent probably half of my 12 hour shift last Friday in my own personal sauna suit. The tres chic cinch belt holds up the battery pack and fan that force filtered air through the hose and into the top of the hood. It provides positive air pressure so I'm not exposed to the virus.
I should be grateful that I'm strong and healthy and able to do this kind of work and not the poor patient lying in the bed hooked up to a ventilator. I am grateful... it was just a long weekend.
Sorry the pic isn't super quality. A coworker snapped it with her cell phone.

8 comments:

  1. That is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I am so sorry you get to play that kind of game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sweating just looking at you. It's a great look for you, and it's nearly Grandma Nola blue. Safe yet fashionable, what more could you ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!! Oh my goodness Tiffany, YOU KILL ME!! :) I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!! Oh and by the way, I think "the outfit" accentuates that beautiful figure of yours!! :) I MISS YOU GUYS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What was I saying about your patients looking up through his/her frightening and fearful health crisis and seeing an angel with long flowing hair and radiant face? Did I say something about the comfort and sense of heaven-sent loving care they would experience? Well scratch all that and consider the abosolute terror they must feel when they see you in your scientifically coutour outfit! But then, I am personally so grateful that you are protected and your well being as well as that of your family is being safegaurded as well as is possible. Wear it proudly (that sounds a little like "be proud of your height, dear"; you still look like an out of this world angel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Thanks Mom", she typed as she quickly sat up straiter in her chair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Should there be a few more letters in 'straiter'? Probably so. Ooops.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sauna suit. The patients are no longer contagious so the PAPR has been put to bed. I've been dying to get it out all night. Sandy is holding me back, however. She won't let me do it.

    ReplyDelete