Saturday, March 21, 2009

Funnies

Growing up, one of my favorite things to do on Sunday was to grab the comics section (a.k.a. the funnies) find someplace warm, (which could either be a sunspot on the carpet or crouched with an afghan over the heat register) and hunker down for a good read. A good read consisted of surveying the various comic strips from front to back, reading the faves and then time permitting, taking another stroll through the pages and reading some of the lesser strips.

Faves - Doonesbury, Bloom County, Garfield

Lesser Strips - Cathy, Hagar the Horrible, Beetle Bailey

Rich and I haven't subscribed to a daily paper for probably 15 years. We do however, mooch off of my folks and get a little newsprint ink on our hands every once in a while when we're at their home for Sunday dinner.

The same can now be said of our girls. Last Sunday I took this pic of Sarah reading the funnies. When I downloaded the photo and was looking at it I decided to tweak it a little. I've got a magic cartoon button which when pressed, makes a photo look like it belongs in the funnies section of the paper. Very fitting.

p.s. Sarah is feeling much better and starting to look and act like her normal, delightful self. Amazing what antibiotics and rest can do.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea..pretty neat camera trick. We're glad to know that Sarah's doing better. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. My favorite comic strip now is "Pickles." It's about an elderly couple, and I can really identify with the humor.

    ReplyDelete