Friday, March 6, 2009

5:00 Update


By 5:00 this evening I was feeling pretty good about life -

~Sarah is on the mend from a long week of illness.
~The snow has already melted away from yesterday's storm.
~I'm reasonably caught up with laundry.
~A large pan of homemade stew was simmering in the
oven making the house smell very friendly.
~A bathroom was being whipped into submission.

I was squatting on the bathroom floor in front of the shower with an 'I mean business' scrub brush in hand and a slight buzz/headache from the noxious fumes of the cleaner. Just then, Emily called and I turned around with my too long bangs hanging in my eyes and saw that Rich was home from work. I looked up to say hello and saw his smile and then the flowers.


Surprise! No reason. Just, "I wanted to say I love you and tell you that I appreciate you." How did I ever get such a good man? (Not to mention yummy as well.) Emily ran and got her camera and took this picture.

I love my husband more now than I did 20 years ago. More and more every year. I'm so thankful Heavenly Father let me have Richard. Life is good.

6 comments:

  1. How lovely is that? And I thought Valentines was in February...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS, HOW SWEET!!! :) Looks like you got a great one too girl! He is smart...Happy wife = Happy life!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. roses-shmoses, I get that all the time. Wait...not I don't. Lucky girl. You certainly deserve them after nursing all the sick chillins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. excuse me. "no I don't" was what I was going for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we love your post, Tiffany. There's nothing more that a parent can ask for their children than to know that they are happily married in a gospel centered life.

    ReplyDelete