Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

I have decided, with a little coaching from my sister Tatiana, that it is time for me to start a blog. I have been horrible about keeping a journal and even worse at scrapbooking. I hope this will be an easy way to document what's going on with our family and to stay in touch with friends and loved ones.


I worked two graveyard shifts this week and have been very very tired. It's hard to recover from the sleep loss and funky schedule but it's sort of family friendly in that I'm home before the girls go to school and and here when they come home. On Thursday afternoon, the girls walked home, made a snack and then gently woke me up. Emily had a surprise for me and once my eyes were clear enough to see, she opened my bedroom door to show what she had done. She cut out lots of hearts and taped them along with a poem to my door. She also had a little bouquet of red tissue paper roses for me. Very sweet.

This morning we were treated to a yummy breakfast made by our Daddy with Valentine cards by each of our plates. He topped it all off with an assortment of chocolate truffles. He is such a good man... and so handsome! Lucky me!! It was a wonderfully relaxed day with lots of laughing and tickling and watching the snow come down. It was a perfect February 14th.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for you! You did it! I am so honored to be your first commenter. Neat! What a fun Valentine's Day you had. We'll see you guys at Grandma's house. Round two of peanut butter bars just came out of the oven. mmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete