Monday, February 16, 2009

Being sick stinks!


On friday, Emily was sick with a miserable cold and had to stay home from school. Very boring! I set up a television in her room so she could watch the Wizard of Oz. We tried to keep her occupied and as comfy as we could. We can really tell when she's sick because all motion stops. If Emily is in bed in the middle of the day, she is sick.
Happily, by saturday afternoon she was congested but feeling a lot better. Well enough to practice the piano and be unpleasant about it. Because of the exchange Em had with her mother, Emily did not earn computer privileges for two days. Ouch! Those of you who know Emily will understand what a blow this would be to my girl. She was disappointed but took her loss bravely. For nearly 36 hours she spoke longingly of the far too distant monday morning when her computer privileges would be reinstated. On Sunday night as we were trying to wrangle the girls into bed, I saw Em prancing out of the computer room. I was angry at first thinking she had been on the computer without permission. But Emily denied any wrongdoing and hurried to brush her teeth. I walked by the computer and found this -


In true parade going fashion, Emily had tied her scarves together and roped off the computer chair to reserve her seat for early the next morning. She makes me laugh!!

3 comments:

  1. I have to giggle at her streak! :) What a creative girl. How silly she can be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. K, that's funny. Emily is so resourceful.
    I hope she got a lot of well-deserved screen time in today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily: g'ma Lark is sick again too. It stinks. I really wish I was home in bed, you look so comfy!

    ReplyDelete