Thursday, February 26, 2009

...for the times, they are a changin'

"Mommy... I borrowed some of your powder!"



Actually it was Shower to Shower powder, but Emily was pretty sure it could be part of any girl's beauty regimen. Em was in preschool when this pic was taken and oh so shmoopy (when used here meaning 'smallish and absolutely adorable').

Last night as the girls were getting ready for bed, I called them into the kitchen to see the ballroom dance championship competition on PBS. The one with the professionals and without pro football players and octogenarian actresses. We watched for a while and were amazed by how good they all were. I was putting some dishes in the dishwasher and was somewhat distracted but heard Emily comment on one of the male dancers, "He's good lookin." insert pause... no one replying... "I'm just sayin!"

What?!

When did my smallish and adorable little one (who is almost nine) start commenting on beefcake? Sarah and I looked at each other and then cracked up. She is so funny.

3 comments:

  1. Emily has always been so honest.. I'm sure you and Sarah were thinking the same thing. BTW, love the new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And then there are those who just enjoy a private glance at Captain Jack...not mentioning any names, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee! Fun stuff Mom. Thanks for stopping by today.

    ReplyDelete