Friday, September 11, 2009

Cabin Finale

[Warning. Cuidado. Ridiculous amount of photos ahead.]

This post wraps up the tale of the cabin '09. If you were curious as to what we do there when we're not riding four wheelers or eating, speculate no further.

My fabulous sister-in-law Connie is the camp director. Every year she sets up some craft activities for us. It's supposed to be for the grandkids, but there are usually some grown ups who jump right in as well. It's very therapeutic. This year, Megan (assistant camp director in training) had so much fun doing tie dye at girls camp, they decided to do it at the cabin. Megan led the way with this activity.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Badminton court clothesline

Photobucket
The artists

Photobucket
We do puzzles and play games. Rummikub and Racko are faves.

Photobucket
We do some target practice.

Photobucket

Photobucket
We read.

Photobucket
Hang out in the playhouse.

Photobucket
Multitask. Note the remote control laying on Dad's lap.
Scene from 1980:
I turn off the TV. It's after midnight.
Dad- "Hmnh? What? Don't turn that off Sis. I was watching that."
Me- "What were they talking about?"
Dad- "I'm not sure, but I'm listening to that."
Me- "You're drooling. Goodnight Dad."
Some people like a glass of warm milk. Some like the glow of the TV.

Photobucket
We cook so we can continue to feed. Rich & I are making bruschetta. Megan & Connie are making roasted corn salsa with fresh lime, cilantro, avacados, etc. Oy.

Photobucket
We unwind.

Photobucket
Next activity. Custom covered journals with all the scrapbooking supplies a girl could want.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
We observe.

Photobucket
We graciously pose for the annoying daughter with a camera.

Photobucket
We wrestle. New this year but it was so fun,
we may have to bring it back.

Photobucket
The clinch! Hona going for blood.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Tatiana triumphant.
We have the best time. It is our girls' favorite event of the year. I think they were more excited for the cabin than they were for our cruise last fall. Thanks Connie for getting us there and to Joyce and Earl for sharing. Thank you to my family who makes it a priority to be together. Love you all!

5 comments:

  1. Henry sitting next to me asks, "Is that when you were feet warring?"
    "Yes, and making a complete fool of myself." It looks good on me, yes?
    Note to self: Your sister always carries a camera.
    With that said, the cabin is the greatest place ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tatiana,
    Yes, it does look good on you and just so you know, I think you are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I love leg wrestling. I tend too lose due to my hysterical laughing.
    http://theprovidentwoman.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun memories!!! Your family looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiffany,

    I think I went to school with your sister Tatiana at Viewmont 1989. She was one of those popular girls though......small world!

    Laura Jones

    ReplyDelete