Monday, September 21, 2009

20/20

What do you do on a Saturday morning when you can't find your glasses and you want to watch a show with your sister?

Get creative.



Photobucket


We got these nifty prescription swim goggles for ten bucks at swimoutlet.com. Who knew they'd be so versatile?


Photobucket


I came downstairs to start a load of laundry and saw Em wearing these. She didn't stomp around and get frustrated looking for her glasses. She simply found a solution. She's a problem solver that girl.

Thankfully Em hasn't lost her glasses on a Sunday morning. I can't quite see the blue goggles with her Sunday duds.

{Remember when George Kastanza lost his glasses at the gym? He ended up sporting his goggles as well. Ahh Seinfeld.}

3 comments:

  1. Once my sister knocked my glasses into a lake with a kayak. We were on vacation...and that was day one of the vacation.

    My dad spent 45 minutes searching for my glasses...he never found them, and I spent the rest of the vacation blind.

    Why oh why didn't they have goggles when I was her age?

    Maybe they did and we were just clueless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...while shakinig head and chuckling. This is so "classic Emily." I love her problem solving skills. This girl can adapt. It was definitely a "glass half-full" decision. She makes me happy. I will see the world through indigo-colored glasses today to honor her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily,
    You might start a new fashion statement with your goggles. Way to take care of yourself as well as amaize and entertain us all!

    Love you forever,
    Gramdma

    ReplyDelete