Saturday, June 19, 2010

Up on the Roof


We're up on the roof because yesterday morning I woke to some strange noises coming from the living room. I thought perhaps some birds had gotten into the house and were having a smackdown.
After closer inspection I found no animals in the house but located the source of the noise. The chimney. I consulted some experts (my Dad) who congratulated me on my newest houseguests.
After Rich got home, we went up on the roof (me with some serious sweaty palms and tachycardia. Me no likey the roof) looked down the chimney and found these rascals.
"Excuse me... we're trying to sleep here!"

Really. Could they be any cuter? A mama and her three babies. We're going to try the mothball remedy. Hang some mothballs on a rope into the chimney and the smell will run them off. That's the theory anyway. I didn't see any luggage, so I'm hoping they won't stay long.

5 comments:

  1. rascally rascals. They are so dang cute, but they are evil, squared. I hope they get the hint and leave willingly, in the night. Bags and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hona.

    The first thought I had when Dad said racoons was of Holly and her racoon story. So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh...they're adorable! But get rid of them fast...they're nasty! We had a pet racoon once, as a baby, but when it grew up...nasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are cute now, but they don't like to check out. I hope you have luck getting them to move on. So many horror stories involving these cute little things. I'll keep the deer eating my roses any day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had raccoons in our chimney in West Point two winters ago. We did the mothballs, but I believe the thing that chased them away was playing the radio inside the fireplace night and day. It was an idea that I found on the internet. Good luck. We love you. P.S. Fantastic photo.

    ReplyDelete