Thursday, June 24, 2010

Heaven Scent

Summer is finally here. For real. In all her glory.

I can step out onto my patio and water the flowers and just inhale some olfactory loveliness.

I like how geraniums smell- all earthy. I even enjoy the smell of the tomato plants. But what really gets me weak in the knees is our Mock Orange. Dear me.

I came inside after getting a good whiff of it the other day and commented on how much I love that smell. Emily asked, "We have an orange tree? Which one is it?"

After explaining that we wouldn't have a citrus crop this year, she ran to check it out for herself.

Photobucket

She came inside a minute later and said, "I think I just smelled Heaven".

I think she did too.

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful flowers. Love white. I am in love with summer too.

    p.s. Next time you visit your sis come and visit Enzo. He would love to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful photo, Tiffany. I wonder if we have enough water in West Point for a mock orange.

    ReplyDelete