Tuesday, October 20, 2009

West Point Volleyball

Because it's a grey, rainy morning in October, lets go back to a warm, dry evening from summer.

Towards the end of summer we got together for a big family dinner and some fun and games at Grandma Jeannine's place in West Point. Volleyball was the feature event and for some of us it's a bit unnerving. I played volleyball my senior year in high school. Well, practiced really. When tryouts happened I was working out for track and thought I'd join in just for the exercise. The coach thought it would be great to have my legendary wingspan up front blocking shots and I made the team. Silly coach. That was my first and last year of organized volleyball. Loved the workout. Feared the games. Sure its a big ball, but you could still lose an eye.

Due to my volleyphobia I haven't spent any time teaching my girls how to play. This was painfully evident at the big family game.



Photobucket



Photobucket
Not. In. My. Comfort. Zone.


Photobucket
Nervous, but still smiling.

Photobucket
Aunt Renee loving and coaching.


Photobucket


Photobucket
Sarah is warming up... Em still not sure.

Photobucket
A little coachin' from cousin Brock.


Photobucket
Comparing sports injuries.

Photobucket
Okay. Now it's fun.

Photobucket
Aunt Amelie and Uncle Dave

Photobucket
My nephew Kyle and his beautiful boy Cole.

Photobucket


Photobucket
Our sweet nephew Ryan and Grandpa

Photobucket
Our niece, Emma Claire. What a dolly.

Photobucket
Em midflight.

It was a fun evening. Good food and a nice time visiting. Rich's sister Renee was in town getting ready to pick up her son Dallas from his service in the Alaskan Mission. Ohio is a long way away and we don't get to see her often enough. It was so great to be together! I didn't catch a shot of Grandma Jeannine because she was a blur keeping us all fed and watered. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for a lovely time.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures, Tiff! Number two is my favorite of them all! Good for Sarah for hangin in there. I hate not being in my comfort zone, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet posting. Are you sure these weren't taken with a big Nikon?

    ReplyDelete