Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pre-plague 2010. Naturally.

A few months ago in the blogosphere I noticed a trend towards honesty in posting. It was kind of a dare to post something more realistic than the beauty and glamour shots we usually see. I was intrigued and had a brand new camera I was (and still am) trying to figure out, so I ran around the house the Saturday after Christmas and took a few pictures.


Photobucket



First up - Sarah.

Saturday mornings = sleeping in and reading. Perfect. She was up before I was and when I staggered into the kitchen she was wrapped in her blankie, hunched over a new book. I grabbed a pillow from her bed and put it behind her so she could be a bit more comfy. She doesn't care. 'Must. Read.'



Photobucket



Next up - Rich.

Saturday mornings = not shaving. Sweet! Love that man.


Photobucket

Next up - Moi.

Saturday mornings = Leftover mascara. Choice. (I'll let you in on a little secret. See the baggy/puffy eyes? Well, the week after this photo, I bought some magic eye beautifying/puffiness reducing concoction that caused epic swelling and an angry red, itchy rash directly on the aforementioned area. Vanity. Tsk tsk.)



Photobucket



Lastly - Emily.

Saturday = sleeping in and reading. Concurrently. And the most beautiful skin in 6 counties. Whatever. I put her picture last so you wouldn't be left with that old mascara taste in your mouth.

The real reason I finally dug these pics out and posted them was so I could remember what we all looked and felt like before the onslaught of germ warfare commenced in our home during late January and the entirety of February. We looked content. Happy even!

In my last post I proclaimed that I was through being sick. "Tough!" I said. Well I'm obviously not tough enough (insert The Fabulous Thunderbirds singing Tough Enough here). Nope. I'm apparrently an immune challenged wimp. (insert I'm a Little Teapot here) I broke down and went to the doctor. Again. Good news is I didn't get Emily's mono. Bad news is and I quote, "You're sick". Really. The antibiotics are gonna get 'em this time for sure.

"Lord, forgive me when I whine.." etc, etc. All really is well. Rich has never gotten sick this winter. Em is much better and Sarah continues to be robust even. Sarah just walked out of the room singing "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" from Spamalot. Ha! Thanks Sarah.

So I'll get over this little bump in the road and be happy while I'm bouncing over it. Promise.

6 comments:

  1. Great photos.

    Wishing you a Happy Birthday! Hope it was a good one. I have a little matching cosmetic bag for your purse as a little surprise. I'm happy you like the purse. I'll send the cosmetic with your sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beautiful...even with left-over mascara. Oh how I miss the days of staying in bed all day reading! Don't tell my brother but once in a while I call in and say I'll be a bit late to work because I just have to get a few more chapters in!

    I'm so sorry you're still sick!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Sir Alexander Fleming for opening a can of whoopass on my sister. She needs you in a bad way.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've noticed that little honesty trend in the blogging world as well. It's high time...I was feeling a little inadequate with all these amazingly perfect people and their blogs surrounding me in cyberspace. I am so sorry you have been sick for so long. I've been having the same experience. After 6 weeks I finally broke down and went to the doctor. The antibiotics did nothing. Here I am 2 weeks later and still miserable. It's a crazy bug going around. I hope this round of abx kicks it for you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU ARE SO CUTE TIFFANY!! I love, love, love this blog!! :) Not only does it remind YOU of healthy, happier days in your life...but it reminds ME how adorable your family is! It was so wonderful to see you and the "Lakeview gang" at Anna's babyshower! I MISS YOU ALL SO MUCH! Keep the blogs coming my dear, they always, always, always brighten my day! :)

    ReplyDelete