Monday, March 22, 2010

A Date With a View



Photobucket
Rich and I went skiing a few weeks ago. So much fun!



Photobucket


As we got off the lift I spied a photographer set up out of bounds. It was just like being at a high school dance again! There was another couple getting their picture taken in front of us and we (I) heckled them to get them to smile.

Soon enough it was our turn and I'm pretty sure if we agreed to all the poses the photographer suggested we could have put together our own portfolio and started heading out on 'go-sees'. We opted not to go with the pose wherein we would be sprawled on the snow with our heads tipped toward each other.


Photobucket
We thought our photo session was over until an hour or two later when a photographer (ski paparazi) jumped out from behind a 'slow' sign in the middle of a run. Slightly disconcerting.


Photobucket
Dig Rich's sweet slalom!

It was a glorious day at Brighton! Sunny and cold but not windy. And to top it all off there were a few inches of fresh powder. I ended up not skiing after lunch because shortly after these pictures were taken I wiped out and knocked my melon pretty good. Headache. Of course just that morning as we were driving up I said we should probably buy some helmets. The girls wear them but we never bought any for ourselves. Duh. Anyway... lesson learned.

Thanks for a wonderful date Rich. I love you!

4 comments:

  1. Great photos, Tiffany. What a handsome couple on the gorgeous slopes..and I love the bird shots.I'm posting some of my own, but we mostly get finches out here on the desert. Yes, it's wonderful that spring has sprung.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you have such great hair when you are skiing? You look HOT! I went skiing for the first time in a few years last weekend and those picture guys freaked me out, but then again, I don't look as good as you do when I ski.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A photographer on the hill? Who knew? Did you have to pay a lot?
    You and Rich look like a shee-shee-poo-poo rich couple from Vail, if I do say so myself. Nicely done. Sorry about the clout to the head. That is a fun-sucker, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Misty - It was early in the day and I didn't have hat hair yet. You are SO kind and or high to use 'hot' on this blog. Love you.

    Hona - Closed head injury = fun-sucker (love that word) for sure. Shee-shee-poo-poo (also love) hardly! Obviously the photog was earning his daily bread that day. The reason he got us to look this good is the pair of fingerprint laden, sunscreen (I hope) smeared sunglasses he handed us. We tried a few shots without them and looked as though we might be passing kidney stones. Not pretty. Serious glare on the mountain that day. OXOX

    ReplyDelete