Saturday, December 5, 2009

Sleepover Sugar

This is my niece Hillary. She's one of my sister Tatiana's darling children.

Photobucket

Hillary slept over at our house Friday night. Yay!! Fun for us!



Photobucket

In honor of this auspicious event, we broke out the gingerbread house kit we got at Costco several weeks ago and had some fun.



Photobucket

There would have been even more colorful candy decorations on our masterpiece had there not been such rampant snacking of the building supplies.

Photobucket

Even on camera we're hard pressed to keep Hillbill's mitts off the gumdrop walkway ;)



Photobucket

Later that evening we had crepes suzette with fresh strawberries and real whipping cream. Mmmmm.



Photobucket

This is where the girls lapsed into their sugar coma/sleep.

The next morning we had cream cheese toaster streudel for breakfast. Nary a complex carbohydrate in sight for close to 18 hours.

Glad to see those college nutrition classes paying off.

Come back soon Hillary!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Tiffany, that was SOME GINGER BREAD HOUSE! :) I was impressed with the amount of candy still on the house...afterall every time that I have made one, the candy is pretty sparse. lol I love reading your blogs and need to come visit you guys soon!! You all are just darling! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cousin sleepovers are the best! Hillary had a great time at your place. Thanks for making it such a great time. The gingerbread house is exceptional. Thanks, Sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany! HI! I love your cute posts and your girls. So fun! Hey, do you mind telling me what kind of camera you have via comment? We are in the market for a nice camera and it seems like your camera takes quite nice pictures. It may just be the cute little bebe's your taking pictures of though, right? Of course those Reynolds genes are just about perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure about perfect... You are too kind Mary Jane! As for the camera- I wish it was a really cool one. Alas, its only a Kodak EasyShare Z650. It only has 6.1 megapixels but it does have 10X optical zoom. I've been dreaming of a new camera but instead we're buying some new furniture. (Badly needed so this is a good thing) I'll have to wait for a while on the camera. I've had this for four years I think. I wanted something that could zoom in from halfway back in the crowd at a school play. Its worked well for me but it doesn't come with a rechargeable battery pack. This goes through double A's like there's no tomorrow. I can use rechargeable AA's but its still a nuisance. Anyway, thats the scoop. Hope it helps. Let me know when you get a new one!

    By the way, your babies are beautiful boys. I peek in on your blog and enjoy hearing about life. You're a good mommy Mary Jane! Oh! We're so glad that Uncle Penn is doing better. We sure do love him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun!!! That is one AWESOME gingerbread house!

    One of these days there might really be a Parson Brown...of the Mormon variety... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm finally back to time for a little blogging, and it's so good to get caught up on your fun blog, Tiffany. Your photos are great...beautiful gingerbread house. I'm going to look into that photo bucket soon. Love, Grandma Jeannine

    ReplyDelete