Saturday, July 25, 2009

Bon Appetit!

A new movie is coming out... Meryl Streep as Julia Child. Why didn't I think of that? I do like Miss Streep. Judging from the clip I saw she'll do a fabulous job.

The following pictures show the Julia of my childhood. I loved watching her and then I'd do my utmost best to imitate her.

Maybe I liked Julia so much because she was even taller than me. Maybe it was her voice... kind of nasally and not too fancy. She was forever making a mess or dropping something, yet she would always recover nicely. She could laugh at herself.


This is the Julia from my teenage years. Dan Akroyd used to do a great Julia on Saturday Night Live. He had the voice down pat and then he'd accidentally lop off a digit or two and just keep going.

Here's hoping the movie will do Julia justice.


What a lady.

2 comments:

  1. Cute post! I remember you mimicking her in the kitchen. The movie looks darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you were mimicking Julia all those years ago, who would have thought you would develope into the fine cook and meal planner you are today? Nice work, Tiffany!

    ReplyDelete