Sunday, May 24, 2009

Come on in... the water's fine

Every year, like the swallows to Capistrano, we return to Green Valley. We love to relax in the sun and swim in the beautiful pools with palm trees swaying in the breeze. It is something I have always enjoyed. It is mellow. This year was no exception to our migratory pattern. It was a little overcast the first day so instead of swimming in the large outdoor pool, I opted to swim in the heated indoor pool. I found a chaise, dropped the bag, stripped down to the lycra/spandex and jumped into the deep end of the pool. **&!!!___%###><*

This year, not heated. Heater broken. NOT mellow. No sign indicating water temp is more frigid than the bathroom tile in January. I was able to get out of the pool and was treated by my quick thinking daughters who immediately initiated the resuscitation protocol for a hypothermia victim. Perhaps it wasn't quite as bad as I remember. But it took my breath away in a very serious fashion. As it turns out, the outdoor pool was heated and warmer than its been in a long while. It was perfect. We swam and had a great time.





Emily is the diver. She could do salvage work in the Caribbean.




Next year I'll be sticking a toe in the water before I do anything rash.

3 comments:

  1. funny Tiff. Sometimes it's okay not to look both ways before you leap. Gotta get me some Green Valley. The water looks beautiful. Cute shots of the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You present a great case for spending time in St George. It is very beautiful in every direction. We are so glad that you can spend some enjoyable activities there together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pics show a family who knows how to have a Really Fun Vacation. It's evident that Somebody or Somebodies did a lot of good planning.

    ReplyDelete