Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Bikers

One of our favorite things to do when we're in St. George (We've been back for two weeks... speedy aren't I?) is to go on bike rides. Washington County has lots to offer in the way of nice bike paths.



Our first snack break of the ride. One of many.


Check out those pink cheeks. Hurray for camelbacks. It was gorgeous weather that day. Perfect for riding. Not too hot, but just warm enough.


This is on the ride towards Snow Canyon. The road seems to stretch on forever. "Are we there yet?" was heard several times.


Even though it was a long ride, the scenery was beautiful. Cactuses were in bloom all along the trail.


Sarah took these pictures... nicely done! Daddy was mucho patient for all of our photo op stops along the way.


He even got a shot of his 'womens' in front of pride rock. (Those of you who've seen Lion King eight thousand times like any self respecting parent will recognize the similarity.)


This was another day and a different ride. This is along the Virgin River Parkway heading into Washington. After our semi strenous ride to Snow Canyon the day before, we thought we'd take it easy with a nice flat ride. We had a great ride to the end of the trail with cloud cover and a gentle breeze. It wasn't until we turned around to ride back to the trail head that we realized we would be pedaling all the way into a fairly strong headwind. It was much more difficult than the other ride!

Here I am taking a break, waiting for the fire in my thighs to diminish. The girls were good sports and just kept on truckin'. I'll be checking the windsock at the airport next time we start out for a big ride.


4 comments:

  1. This looks like fun! I love your cactus pictures. I took some similar pictures on a backpacking trip near Escalante last week. I'm sure they were pretty, but I wouldn't know. My husband left the camera on the top of the car and we drove away. We didn't notice until we got home. I'll live vicariously through your cactus pictures and pretend they are mine if you don't mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Misty! That hurts to have lost your camera. Jen and I read your post the other night right after you posted it. ...made me want to drive down and go looking for it myself. You have my sympathy. I want to hear all about your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, biker family! Better to do in May, than fry like eggs on the pavement in July. Could I wear a camelback whilst teaching school? At this point, I just might fill it with the hard stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there Hona! ...almost done. You're a brave little soldier.

    ReplyDelete