Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lodge Minivan

Photobucket
This is the color of ski cheeks.

You may have heard it described as a healthy glow.

In reality it is the body's outward sign of a desperate attempt to not freeze solid.


Photobucket
This is the color of relief.

"I've made it through the first half of the first day of skiing for the year!"

We didn't ski much last winter and it was a challenge remembering skills learned a while back.


Photobucket
Dashboard dining.

Rather than paying $8.00 for a cup of chili, we brown bag it and eat lunch at Lodge Minivan conveniently located in the parking lot of Brighton Ski Resort.

This gives us a little time to kick off the ski boots, warm up and relax for a bit.


Photobucket
Sarah relaxes with a book.


Photobucket
Daddy relaxes with a coma. (Kidding. I'm just jealous of his ability to drop off anywhere, anytime)


Photobucket
Emily relaxes in "full backseat splendor". (Em's words)

If you look closely you can see my little one's golden hair under the cocoon of blankets.

After some food, some tunes, some good literature and a few zzzz's, we take our warm again selves back into the elements and ski!!

Let me state several objectives of our little ski outing:

1. To have a day of wholesome family recreation.
2. To be active and exercise our bods.
3. To develop our mad skiing skills.
4. To get above the ultra nasty inversion and find some blue skies.

Mother nature chose to play games with us and we skied in very cold, zero visibility, sideways snowblowing, snowdrift forming conditions.

Back in the valley, our neighbors enjoyed blue skies, sunshine and temps in the 40's.

Tiny weather bitter.

Okay, now I'm done.



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

We really did have a fun time. I'm looking forward to our next day on the slopes!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, how I miss you and my Lakeview friends! Your blog is great. You make me laugh here just like you do in person. You are definitely one of the most fun people I know! Tell everyone "hi."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skiing is hard!

    Sometimes having fun is hard, too.

    Better you than me, he he.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had fun! Reminds me of the good old Nordic Valley days. Cracker Barrel cheeses and such. But I have to agree with mom. Better you than us. However, the Dodge Lodge really does look spacious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily has the right idea..snuggle in under the blankets. It's fun to read your blog. Thanks for keeping us posted. We love you all.

    ReplyDelete